Right now we are just getting started with this consolidation of container knowledge effort. Please feel free to have a look at the Github repo and contribute by submitting a pull request. The guide will be written in asciidoc so it's going to be very easy to contribute to. There are three ways to render the asciidoc files into PDF or HTML format:
- Install the appropriate packages (git asciidoc dockbook-xsl fop make) on your Fedora host
- Build your own container-best-practices (click the link to get the Dockerfile) image and do the processing inside the container
- Pull the trusted image from the Fedora account on the Docker registry by issuing a "docker pull fedora/container-best-practices"
1. To render a new PDF or HTML file from the trusted image on the Docker registry, issue the following command:
docker run --privileged -dt -v /path/to/cloned/container-best-practices-repo/:/workdir fedora/container-best-practices make
2. To clean up the directory and start over, you need to run the same command, except you will add a "make clean" on the end:
docker run --privileged -dt -v /path/to/cloned/container-best-practice-repo/:/workdir fedora/container-best-practices make clean
In fact, to make it even easier, I have created this video to help get you started.
As mentioned in the video, please stop by #atomic or #fedora-cloud on Freenode if you have any issues or need some guidance. We look forward to collaborating with you. Thanks for stopping by.